Shopmonkey makes it easy to print stickers for your customers. This article will help you determine if your label printer is compatible, which label sizes you can use, how to connect your printer to a PC, and how to troubleshoot common issues. If you need to set up label printing on a Mac, check out our other help article.
Note: Oil Stickers are currently available for Genius Subscribers. If you’re interested in using this feature reach out to our success team to see how to add it.
Supported Dymo Printers
Because Shopmonkey does not sell nor currently partner with any specific retail outlet, we recommend purchasing your printer and labels from any online or in-person retailer that sells any of our supported offerings.
If you’re not sure where to start, you can check out Dymo’s website for suggested vendors.
Please make sure any labels you purchase are Dymo compatible and are marked as Removable.
Supported Label Sizes
Currently, we offer templates for the following label sizes:
1” x 2 1/8”
1 1/8” x 3 1/2”
1 1/4” x 2 1/4”
1 1/4” x 2 1/4” (Duraready 1042)
1 3/4” x 2 1/2” (Duraready 1032)
2” x 2 5/16” (Duraready 1035)
2 5/16” x 2”
2 3/4” x 2 1/8”
3 1/10” x 1 4/5”
3 1/2” x 1 1/8” (Duraready 1020)
Printer Software Setup
Before you get started printing stickers in Shopmonkey, you’ll need to make sure the proper Dymo software is installed. Shopmonkey’s current connection works with the Dymo Label software. There are 2 versions of Dymo’s software and it is important that you use Dymo Label instead of Dymo Connect.
Remove existing Dymo Software from your computer
To ensure the proper setup, you’ll want to remove any old Dymo software from your PC. If you’re setting up your Dymo label printer for the first time you can skip to the next section: Install Dymo Label Software.
1. Unplug your Dymo Printer from your computer and remove the power cable.
2. Using your search box, type in ‘Add or Remove Programs’ and open Add or Remove Programs systems settings page.
3.Use the search box to find all Dymo related software
4. On each Dymo result, click it and select Uninstall. It is important to remove all of your Dymo Software to prevent setup issues.
5. Once you have uninstalled all of the Dymo software, use the search box, type in ‘Printer’, and open Printers & scanners system settings.
6. Find your Dymo Printer, click it and choose Remove Device.
Install Dymo Label Software
The following steps will help you install the proper software. Take these steps after removing your old Dymo Software or if you are setting up your Dymo Label printer for the first time.
1. Attach your printer to your computer and a power outlet.
2. Use this link to download Dymo Label Software. Note: Dymo has two software platforms Dymo Label and Dymo Connect. Use the provided Dymo Label Software link to install the correct one. Having both installed can cause issues with printing labels in Shopmonkey.
3. Open the .exe file on your computer.
4. If prompted, select Yes when asked if the app can make changes to your device.
5. Choose your language and click Ok.
6. If asked, allow the installer to install the required files on your device. If you run into an error that says ‘an installation may have failed, do you want to continue the installation,’ click Yes and continue.
7. After loading, click Next.
8. Accept if you agree with the license agreement terms.
9. When asked to choose a destination folder click Next.
10. Choose Complete setup type and click Next.
11. Click Install and allow the installation to complete (it may take a few minutes).
12. Click Finish.
13. To confirm the setup of the installation, open your system tray in the bottom right corner of your screen. You should see an Icon for Dymo Label Web Service.
14. Click the Dymo Label Web Service icon and choose Diagnose. You will see a message that says Dymo Label Web Service is running on a port on your computer. Ensure that the message matches the screenshot then click Yes.
15. Click Yes and confirm that you see this success message.
After you’re done installing the correct software you’re ready to start printing stickers. To print, open an order in Shopmokey then click on the Print Dropdown > Print Sticker. For more information on printing stickers check out our help article.
If you’re experiencing issues using your Dymo Label printer with Shopmonkey the topics below could help you fix it.
My printer does not appear in the dropdown when I am trying to print a label.
1. Open your system tray in the bottom right corner of your screen and click the Dymo Icon. If you do not see this icon in your system tray search for Dymo WebService and open the application in your search results.
2. Click the Dymo Label Web Service icon and choose Diagnose. You will see a message that says Dymo Label Web Service is running on a port on your computer. Ensure that the message matches the screenshot then click Yes.
3. Click Yes and confirm that you see this success message.
4. If you do not see a success message:
Use the Stop Service option in the Dymo dropdown. Then use the Start Service option.
Restart your computer.
Re-install the Dymo software on your computer with the steps in this article starting with Remove existing Dymo Software.
If this does not resolve your issue, please chat with our support team for additional assistance.
When I attempt to print, I hear a loud noise and nothing is printed.
Open your Printer and ensure that the spool is tight against the label roll.
You can experience issues if you attempt to print before the preview has completely loaded. To resolve this, wait 3-4 seconds after selecting the interval preset before clicking the print button.
If you have just created a new interval preset, refresh your browser before clicking the print button.
I do not see the Dymo Icon in my System Tray.
Search for “Dymo WebService” and open the application in your search results.
If the above step does not work then use the steps in this article starting with the section: Remove existing Dymo Software from your computer.
I do not see a preview when I try to print a label.
Refresh your browser.
Ensure that your printer is selected in the printer drop-down and that a sticker size has been selected.
Check that the Dymo Web Service is running by checking your system tray.
Make sure you have Dymo Label Web Service installed and NOT Dymo Connect. Dymo Connect can prevent a preview from showing up.
Still have questions? Feel free to reach out to us through the Chat Icon in the bottom right corner of your screen. Thanks for reading!