Shopmonkey makes it easy to print stickers for your customers. This article will help you determine if your label printer is compatible, which label sizes you can use, how to connect your printer to a Mac, and how to troubleshoot common issues. If you need to set up label printing on a PC, check out our other help article.
Note: Oil Stickers are currently available for Genius Subscribers. If you’re interested in using this feature reach out to our success team to see how to add it.
Supported Dymo Printers
Because Shopmonkey does not sell nor currently partner with any specific retail outlet, we recommend purchasing your printer and labels from any online or in-person retailer that sells any of our supported offerings.
If you’re not sure where to start, you can check out Dymo’s website for suggested vendors.
Please make sure any labels you purchase are Dymo compatible and are marked as Removable.
Supported Label Sizes
Currently, we offer templates for the following label sizes:
1” x 2 1/8”
1 1/8” x 3 1/2”
1 1/4” x 2 1/4”
1 1/4” x 2 1/4” (Duraready 1042)
1 3/4” x 2 1/2” (Duraready 1032)
2” x 2 5/16” (Duraready 1035)
2 5/16” x 2”
2 3/4” x 2 1/8”
3 1/10” x 1 4/5”
3 1/2” x 1 1/8” (Duraready 1020)
Printer Software Setup
Before you get started printing stickers in Shopmonkey, you’ll need to make sure the proper Dymo software is installed. Shopmonkey’s current connection works with the Dymo Label software. There are 2 versions of Dymo’s software and it is important that you use Dymo Label instead of Dymo Connect.
Remove existing Dymo Software from your computer
To ensure the proper setup, you’ll want to remove any old Dymo software from your Mac. If you’re setting up your Dymo label printer for the first time you can skip to the next section: Install Dymo Label Software.
1. Unplug your Dymo Printer from your computer and remove the power cable.
2. Click the Finder Icon in your Dock.
3. At the top of your screen, click Go in the menu bar and select the Applications Option.
4. Find any Dymo related software and move it to your Trash. You can drag and drop it or right click and choose the move to trash option.
5. If asked, enter your password.
6. If you receive a message the application will remove extensions, click continue.
7. On your dock, right click your trash and choose Empty Trash. When prompted, confirm that you want to empty the trash.
8. Next, go to your Apple Menu and choose System Preferences.
9. Open the Printers & Scanners settings page.
10. Find your Dymo Printer and click it
11. Click the - button at the bottom of the list
12. Confirm that you have selected the correct printer and click Delete Printer. If you have multiple Dymo printers in this list, repeat this process until all of your Dymo printers are removed.
13. At the top of your screen, check to see if you have a Dymo Icon.
14. If you do, click it, and choose Exit. Confirm that the icon disappears from your top menu bar.
Install Dymo Label Software
The following steps will help you install the proper software. Take these steps after removing your old Dymo Software or if you are setting up your Dymo Label printer for the first time.
1. Attach your printer to your computer and a power outlet.
2. Use this link to download Dymo Label Software. Note: Dymo has two software platforms Dymo Label and Dymo Connect. Use the provided Dymo Label Software link to install the correct one. Having both installed can cause issues with printing labels in Shopmonkey.
3. Open the downloaded file and open the Dymo Label .pkg file.
4. Click Allow when asked to run a program to determine if the software can be installed.
5. The installer will walk you through the installation process, click continue on all steps. When prompted, Agree to the software license agreement. You will need to enter your computer’s password during this installation.
6. If you are presented with a warning that a System Extension has been blocked, Click ‘Open Security Preferences.’
7. Click the Lock Icon and enter your password.
8. Click Allow and return to the installer to continue installation.
9. If asked to allow changes to be made to your System Certificate Trust settings, enter your password.
10. When the installation process is complete, click Close.
11. When asked, Click Move to Trash.
12. Once complete, check that the Dymo Web Service is running by checking your Menu Bar.
13. Click Diagnose. You will see a message that says Dymo Label Web Service is running on a port on your computer. Click Ok.
14. Confirm that you see the following message in your web browser (it will open automatically).
After you’re done installing the correct software you’re ready to start printing stickers. To print, open an order in Shopmokey then click on the Print Dropdown > Print Sticker. For more information on printing stickers check out our help article.
If you’re experiencing issues using your Dymo Label printer with Shopmonkey the topics below could help you fix it.
My printer does not appear in the dropdown when I am trying to print a label.
1. Check that the Dymo Web Service is running by checking your Menu Bar.
2. Click Diagnose. You will see a message that says Dymo Label Web Service is running on a port on your computer. Click Ok.
3. Confirm that you see the following message in your web browser (it will open automatically)
4. If you do not see a success message:
Click on your Dymo icon and select the Stop Service option in the Dymo dropdown. Then use the Start Service option.
Restart your computer.
Re-install the Dymo software on your computer with the steps in this article starting with Remove existing Dymo Software.
If this does not resolve your issue, please chat with our support team for additional assistance.
When I attempt to print, I hear a loud noise and nothing is printed.
Open your Printer and ensure that the spool is tight against the label roll.
You can experience issues if you attempt to print before the preview has completely loaded. To resolve this, wait 3-4 seconds after selecting the interval preset before clicking the print button.
If you have just created a new interval preset, refresh your browser before clicking the print button.
I do not see the Dymo Icon in my Menu Bar.
Go to your Hard Drive and navigate to Library > Frameworks > Dymo > SDK and double click on DYMO.DLS.Printing.Host.App.
If the above step does not work then use the steps in this article starting with the section: Remove existing Dymo Software from your computer.
I do not see a preview when I try to print a label.
Refresh your browser.
Ensure that your printer is selected in the printer drop-down and that a sticker size has been selected.
Check that the Dymo Web Service is running by checking your Menu Bar
Make sure you have Dymo Label Web Service installed and NOT Dymo Connect. Dymo Connect can prevent a preview from showing up.
Still have questions? Feel free to reach out to us through the Chat Icon in the bottom right corner of your screen. Thanks for reading!